BOE (Beijing Oriental Electronics Group) officially unveiled the world’s fastest gaming monitor today, a 27-inch panel with a 500Hz refresh rate. Other features include an 8-lane eDP connection, true 8-bit color gamut support, and a 1ms response time. However, do not expect this gaming monitor to be priced less than a typical laptop, as current models with a 360Hz refresh rate (ASUS ROG) retail for a hefty $ 699.99 USD. Read more for a video and additional information.
The company also revealed its first 110-inch 8K 120HZ panel, one that was made possible by their developments and breakthroughs in oxide semiconductor display technology. These breakthroughs allow for higher refresh rates, improved resolution, low power consumption, and ultra-narrow bezels. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but expect both of these displays to first launch in China.
Alienware 240Hz Gaming Monitor 27 Inch Monitor with FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080) Display, IPS Technology, 1ms Response Time, Lunar Light – AW2720HF
- A 240Hz refresh rate is 4x faster than typical standard monitors and twice as fast as common 120Hz gaming monitors. More frames means smaller visual information Gaps, which means a faster reaction time for the Gamer. There’s an 8.3 millisecond gap between frames at 120Hz, which is halved to 4.16ms between frames at 240Hz. This is incredibly important to gamers playing at breakneck speeds, and provides an edge over gamers less well-equipped. Combined with skill, get more wins by being able to react in real-time.
- Amd Radeon free Sync technology synchronizes the GPU and monitor, displaying full frames only when the monitor is capable of displaying them. This minimizes graphic distortions such as tearing and artifacts from forming on screen, allowing you to experience native refresh rates up to 240Hz for rapid-fire, tear-free Graphics that do not require user adjustments.
- A wide-angle viewing range means that color coverage is consistent no matter which angle The screen is viewed from. This is thanks to the IPS technology that the monitor is built on.
- Convenient monitor controls are easily reached on the right side of the monitor, with a new joystick for navigating menus quickly and intuitively. The individual buttons can be assigned as shortcuts for the gamer’s preferred tools and settings.
- The true 1ms response time blasts away motion blur. The pixels are able to change quickly and respond to the new image signal as it comes in. This is a new feature for IPS monitors, which have typically been considered too slow for gaming.
Oxide semiconductor display technology has the advantages of high mobility, low off-state current, simple process technology, and large size, which can meet the dual needs of future product quality improvement and energy consumption reduction, and has become an inevitable trend in technology and market development, ”said the company.