Iran has said the blackout at the Natanz facility is “nuclear terrorism.”
Iran said the incident at its main uranium enrichment facility on Sunday was called “nuclear terrorism” by countries seeking to thwart renewed efforts. save nuclear deal he signed with the world powers.
The head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Agency said the blackout at the Natanz underground site, the country’s main wealth facility, was caused by “those who intend to prevent the development of our nuclear industry”.
“To thwart the goals of those who designed this terrorist act, the Islamic Republic of Iran will continue to seriously develop nuclear technology on the one hand and expand efforts to eliminate unjust sanctions on the other,” Ali Akbar Salehi said. telling local media.
He added: “While condemning this vicious movement, the Islamic Republic of Iran is calling on the international community and the International Atomic Energy Agency to tackle nuclear terrorism.”
He did not mention any country in the name and did not provide details of the damage caused, nor was it a cyber attack. Israel and Iran are very popular in the past addressed to each other using cyberattacks.
Development has come at an important time for Iran’s nuclear deal, and since Donald Trump abandoned it almost three years ago, the greatest effort has been made to rescue a major deal.
Negotiations in Vienna last week they were an attempt to bring the agreement back to “life,” after U.S. President Joe Biden said he was ready to re-enter Washington if he re-entered Tehran.
There is no direct conversation It is believed to have happened between officials in Washington and Tehran but the fact that both countries were in the same place was considered an important step.
Progress is likely to be slow, reflecting internal pressures on both sides. Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said last week that the commitments made “step by step” in the new agreement are not an option and that all sanctions imposed by the Trump administration must be removed in a single step.
“We are still far from a concrete conclusion but I can say that we are making good progress,” he said in an interview that will continue on Wednesday.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who made the original deal, used a speech over the weekend to praise his country’s nuclear “achievements”.
Iranian authorities have said their capability ahead of their 2015 nuclear deal is nuclear. Enrichment capacity has risen by more than 20% this year and Iran also has a significantly larger uranium enrichment repository, nuclear authorities said.
This brings Iran closer to its ability to improve its weapons, which is a major concern for rivals in western states and Iranian regions. Iran has denied any intention to pursue nuclear weapons and has said its nuclear intentions are civilian.
Iran has accused Israel of taking part in an explosion in Nathan last July, as well the assassination of his top nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh in November. The Israeli intelligence minister said at the time of the killing that he did not know who was behind the killing.
The Islamic Republic also said an Iranian container ship was the target of a “terrorist attack” in the Mediterranean Sea in March and that another explosion in the Red Sea exploded the following month.
Israel has accused Iran of directing an Israeli-owned ship over an explosion in the Gulf of Oman in February. Iran has refused to participate.