TECH NEWS BONUS:
Mid-January 2022, Microsoft has released the first version of Edge 99 to the insiders who run the Dev Channel builds. A week later, the company released Microsoft Edge Dev-build 99.0.1135.5 with the ability to use Web Capture in PDFs, the ability to change the units in which the air temperature is displayed on Edge mobile applications, support for data loss prevention on websites by default, and more.
Now the company comes with another update for Microsoft Edge (Build 99.0.1150.2) that comes with some new features and improvements. Here is everything you would like to know about.
What’s new and improved in Microsoft Edge Build 99.0.1150.2
- Added a setting to control the related matching feature in Page Search.
- Password Monitor Support Enabled on iOS.
- Enabled shopping support on Android.
- Added an experimental WebView2 API to display a status bar (Issue 844).
- Added experimental support for the CDP API for WebView2 applications to use sessionId.
- Management policies (note that documentation and administrative template updates may not have taken place yet):
- Added a policy to control whether the Related Matches Cloud service is enabled, which controls the related matching feature in Page Search.
- Added a policy to control the password manager block list, which is the list of sites that are not allowed to store or populate passwords.
- Added a policy to check if the Hubs Sidebar is enabled.
- Added a policy to say Do not silently block protocols of specific origin to the external application launcher, which bypasses certain protocols that come from a defined list of origins designed to prevent a flood of application launches.
- Support enabled for a Chromium policy to control User Agent Reduction, which controls whether the full or reduced version of the User Agent heading is sent with web requests and whether experimentation is allowed to control it or not.
- Corrected an accident with launch.
- Fixed an accident when opening a guest window.
- Fixed a bug when using collections in InPrivate windows.
- Fixed a crash when trying to correct misspelled words marked by the spell checker.
- Fixed a crash while syncing certain types of data.
- Corrected an accident while using Citations.
- Fixed a crash on Mac after it restarted to apply an update.
- Fixed a bug when opening certain URLs from the Edge Bar.
- Fixed an issue on HoloLens where PWAs crashed.
- Fixed a cell phone crash when searching in the address bar / search box.
- Corrected cell phone crash while using Read aloud.
- Fixed devices with certain GPUs integrated.
- Improved how many types of tabs can be put to sleep.
- Fixed an issue with vertical tabs sometimes causing high CPU usage, even when the browser was idle.
- Fixed an issue where certain video sites like Netflix would sometimes play HEVC videos in a shaky or shaky manner. Note that this fix also requires an update to the OS’s HEVC extension that may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed an issue where certain video sites such as Netflix were reporting a “MediaFoundationRendererClient disconnected” error.
- Fixed an issue where the Lock related matching setting in the Search Page tool was not remembered between tabs.
- Fixed an issue where syncing was sometimes turned off unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where deleting cookies sometimes causes the popup or Settings page to go blank.
- Fixed an issue where certain actions performed on PDFs, such as printing, were sometimes performed for all PDFs instead of just the currently active one if multiple PDFs were open.
- Fixed an issue where certain ways to filter history did not work because the filter criteria could not be entered properly.
- Fixed an issue where spell checker pop-ups to show suggested corrections for misspelled words sometimes do not appear when they should.
- Fixed an issue where spell check languages could be accidentally changed when changing other spell check settings.
- Fixed an issue where setting up search and site suggestions using what was typed did not work.
- Fixed an issue where single-word intranet navigation in the address bar sometimes returned to searches when it should not.
- Fixed some issues where quotes were not formatted properly according to their rules.
- Fixed an issue where the IE mode pop-up blocker was sometimes enabled when it should not be.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs were sometimes not displayed at the correct size.
- Fixed an issue where logging in to Bing Rebates sometimes failed.
- Fixed an issue where the content of the webpage was sometimes not placed correctly after using Xbox Gaming Cloud.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox where the top of the window was sometimes not visible when using vertical tabs.
- Fixed an issue where extensions were not in the same order in PWA windows as in regular windows.
- Fixed an issue on cell phone where shell prevention is not working.
- Fixed an issue on mobile devices where navigation sometimes failed when logging in to the browser with a work or school account.
- Fixed an issue where compiling WebView2 projects would sometimes produce unexpected compiler alerts (Issue 1722). Note that this fix also requires an update of the SDK that may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed an issue where WebView2 setup sometimes failed to clean up old versions (Issue 1946).
- The management policy has expired to control whether the application box has been forcibly activated. Please note that this policy has not been suspended before.