The IHS practice planner was updated in August 2021. Watch the tutorial video above to see the practice planner in action and read below to learn how to get the most out of it.
Objectives of the updated IHS practice planner:
- Help coaches save time by creating easily engaging training plans within minutes
- Allow coaches and associations to work together
- Increase team communication, involvement and development
- Encourage coaches to create fun and engaging content for their team!
The best part? Once a practice is created, it will be stored forever in your practice library, where you can refer it whenever you want, from any device. Each exercise can be expressed, edited or digitally shared via email, SMS, social media with players, parents and co-coaches. Watch the tutorial video above and sign in to get started.
Content You Can Add to an IHS Exercise Plan
- Contents of IHS (exercises, systems, skills development videos, exercises outside the ice)
- Content of IHS contributors
- Content you subscribe to IHS Drill Drawing Tool
- Content from YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram
- Videos filmed with a cell phone or video camera
- Images, PDFs and text
- Your team logo
What you can create with the IHS Practice Planner
- Ice cream practices
- Off-ice / at-home workouts
- Skill sessions
- Match Day Plans (Series, Systems, Matches, etc.)
- Game Interruptions
- Anything you can think of!
Steps to create an exercise plan
- Sign in and click on the ‘Create’ tab and select ‘Exercise Plan’.
- Add a title and click save at the bottom of the planner.
- Go to your practice and start adding content! You can add content in three ways:
- Add by browsing the Web site and clicking the “Add to Practice” buttons.
- Add by entering the exact name of your drill.
- Create new exercises to add (you can add new drawings from the IHS Drill Drawing tool, add mobile videos, YouTube videos, images and more)!
- Add practice notes and details.
- Save and share with your team! (See below)
How to share an exercise plan
Share your exercise plans in seconds by going to your ‘Exercise Library’ and clicking the ‘Copy and Share URL’ button (shown below) to paste your link into text messages, email, social media, team applications and more!
Example exercise plans
What you can create and share is truly limitless with the updated IHS Exercise Planner. Click below to see 4 examples of digital training plans created by coach Alyssa Gagliardi:
- U12 Practice – Defensive Skills & Push the Puck
- U10 Exercise – Puck Protection Skills
- U8 Exercise – Skating & Spatial Awareness
- U8 Exercise – Skating Stations – Skill and Games
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve!